Use this site to explore the construction trades, institutes, apprentice programs and available jobs.
A BIT ABOUT US.
One platform that can both trade and train. Yes, we have created a platform that can communicate with the people and get their construction work done and at the same time train people to work in the same field effectively and efficiently. That is what this platform aims at.
LEARN WHILE YOU EARN.
The best place to train yourself in the field of construction. I trained myself here and I would gladly recommend it to anybody.
The trainers here are highly qualified and at the same time are grounded. They are always there to help the trainees anytime.
Building a new home can be a pretty exhaustive and daunting task. With a new home comes delight and excitement as well. But, it is important to keep a lot of things in mind while building a new home. As there are so many things to take into consideration we may forget the important little details. The Construction drawings for your home are the guide that spells out each and every detail of your home and how it ought to be built. This is what your builder and contractor will use all through the way while building your home, so it’s vital to invest some energy on it and going over the plans.
Here are a few important things to be kept in mind: –
- Pleasant wide hallways make the home seem more inviting. It’s stunning what the distinction a couple of inches can make! When building, consider how wide you need your hallways, however know that any area you add to your passage will reduce your area somewhere else. A normal corridor width is generally two to three feet wide but you can decide how wide you want it to be. Many have it 5-7 feet long too.
- It is implied that drains that function properly are essential. However, it is still important to look into it. Personally examining the channel is important. Raise any worries with your manufacturer. Check the drainage amid the building procedure. It important to ensure that the drainage fits the aesthetics of the building. The framework of the house should also be altered in order to fit the drainage well.
- Ceiling height does as much for the open feel of a home as the size of the home does. Grand ceilings offer a roomy vibe and additionally an open door for more windows and light. It also gives more room for other requirements in the rooms such as cupboards, bookshelves and tables.
- Amid the building procedure, go out for a stroll through your new home and check through the doors. Check whether they open the way you need them to open. These little things often go wrong and the structure of the house may get ruined. Also, while doing this you can check whether the lights and fans switches are where it would make sense for it to be.
- Check for where the closets and cupboards are placed and whether they are in the size that you require them to be. Also think about opting for built in closets and storage. Built ins always make a home look more custom and it also lets you have your interiors the way you like them. For instance a built in walk in closet according to your needs would be more apt for your room so always check for ample storage.
Why is safety a matter of concern during construction work?
Construction work is a dangerous land-based employment. There are houses and roads being constructed all the time. It also includes repair work of already built structures. This work incorporates numerous risky tasks and conditions. Very often, construction workers face injuries or fatalities due to falls from a great height, being struck by an object, electric shocks and even getting stuck in between two objects.
The work generally consists of using tools and equipment which are highly dangerous. Construction work has been expanding in developed and under developed nations in the course of recent years. With an expansion in this kind of work, construction employment related fatalities have expanded. The number of workers who die due to the lack of safety measures at these sites during construction projects is increasing in number. Thus, within the field of construction it is imperative to have safety measure and regulations.
Pivotal safety tips for the workers: –
- Machine roll over during loading and unloading- On level ground, there is a danger of machine move over or roll over amid stacking or emptying. Sufficient space is required to move the trailer and the machine, which is sometimes troublesome on firmly compacted job sites. Utilize a spotter for direction.
Keep individuals from the sides of the machine while loading and unloading. Ensure the machine clears the ramps as well.
Ensure that the load shifts just enough to add tension to the chain and the handle may spring open. Check the trailer deck, clearances and dependability. Ensure that someone makes it certain that the machine is at “Zero Energy State” when stowed.
- Getting on and off the machine- It is one of the main reasons for damage to gear administrators, forklift drivers and truck drivers. They experience this quite often. To begin with, check your gloves and boots. Clean the mud up before climbing and utilize “high grasp” gloves for a safe hand hold. Next, utilize a three-point position while climbing up and down and utilize larger hand and toeholds. Utilize a step ladder for good footing and also remember to abstain from carrying objects while climbing. Make it easy for operators to ascend and descend. Try as much to reduce the requirement to extend by putting the rails where they can be safely reached.
- Operating on slopes- It is required to be constantly alert while working on slopes. You may make it up the slope without much effort but descending is much harder. It is required to know how much the machine can take and it is also important to take into consideration surface conditions. Very often while descending one may slip and injure himself.
- Overall safety in the site- It is important to ensure that the equipment and machinery used is safe, reliable and not malfunctioned. It is important to set up security programs to ensure the safety of the workers. Administrators and ground teams are to be educated of the risks they confront. It is necessary to keep them alert and aware of the accidents that could happen.
Hey there, I am Kim Robinson. I am the CEO of Trade Up Sask. When we created this platform years back, our intent was good. But we were not clear about how many people would really love and appreciate what we are doing. But Quite contrary to what we thought, people really loved what we are doing and they came in for training. That is the success of this platform.